|
| |
 |
An Englishman in New York
9.16.2010
|
Sean Kavanagh-Dowsett Co-owner of 'A Salt and Battery' fish'n'chip shop and 'Tea and Sympathy cafe'
Kate Winslet Actress
Simon Schama Professor of art history at Columbia university
Phill and Dennis Roach Commercial Divers
As a Brit living in the Big Apple I just had to go see Jason Bell's new series of photographs: An Englishman in New York" (at the National Portrait Gallery in London). I loved the little interviews accompanying the photographs describing each expat's New York story.... Read all about it!
And just in case London is a little too far away for you, the series has been turned into a book of the same name.Labels: art, books, photography |
|
by
|
|
EMAIL THIS POST  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
At September 16, 2010 at 10:39 AM, Tiffany from HOLIDAY said…
When I lived in NY, my mom loved A Salt & Battery so much, we'd go two times every time she came to visit me.
-
At September 16, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Unknown said…
I LOVE that Kate Winslet shot.... really great!
-
At September 16, 2010 at 12:00 PM, kathryn said…
mmm me too, although I was only in England for a week, I made sure we stopped for fish & chips....mmmm
And we were just talking about the Kate Winslet photo - she looks so classic!
|
| |
| |
|
|
|
|
When I lived in NY, my mom loved A Salt & Battery so much, we'd go two times every time she came to visit me.